WTFsutter VIDEOBLOG

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

PALEYFEST... I GOT TICKETS, BITCHES.


Sons of Anarchy has been invited to the Paleyfest this season.  Normally, I avoid anything that contains the suffix, "fest", but this one is an exception.  Here's some info from their website -- 

Mission
The Paley Center for Media, with locations in New York and Los Angeles, leads the discussion about the cultural, creative, and social significance of television, radio, and emerging platforms for the professional community and media-interested public. Drawing upon its curatorial expertise, an international collection, and close relationships with the leaders of the media community, the Paley Center examines the intersections between media and society. The general public can access the collection and participate in programs that explore and celebrate the creativity, the innovations, the personalities, and the leaders who are shaping media. Through the global programs of its Media Council and International Council, the Paley Center also serves as a neutral setting where media professionals can engage in discussion and debate about the evolving media landscape. Previously known as The Museum of Television & Radio, the Paley Center was founded in 1975 by William S. Paley, a pioneering innovator in the industry.

  
 Events 

Throughout the year, The Paley Center for Media hosts discussions with influential newsmakers, journalists, and world leaders on today's important issues. The Paley Center also celebrates excellence in drama, comedy, and documentary film with a range of events that examine the creative process behind great entertainment.



The William S. Paley Television Festival: PaleyFest

Named for William S. Paley, founder of CBS and the Paley Center, this annual Festival began in 1984 to celebrate the collaborative creativity behind making great entertainment content.  In connecting media enthusiasts with individuals who bring to life outstanding programming, PaleyFest creates an extraordinary interactive pop culture event.

On Wednesday, March 7th, 7pm, at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills, myself and the cast will do a panel for the very reputable Paley Center.  Why us?  I haven't figured that out yet and I'm hoping they don't think on it too hard.  

You can purchase tickets here --  SOA TIX

If you can't afford tickets, have no fear, I purchased 10 tickets on my own dime and I will give them to the first ten fans who tweet "Give me my ticket, bitch" on 2/22/12 at 2:22pm.  Here's the qualification, you have to live in SoCal.  I ain't flying anyone in for this, kids.  So if you can drive here in under two hours, you qualify.  You tweet, I check, you get the tickets.  And yes, I know it's unfair for those of you who don't live in Southern California.  But you know what... not my fucking problem, 'cause I'm the one with the tickets. 

And yes, I love you. 
 

No comments: