WTFsutter VIDEOBLOG

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

UM...I HAVEN'T BEEN WRITING, REALLY. SURE, SURE, WE KNOW... WINK-WINK.

Now that we're at the table talking with AMPTP again, the fear and loathing has lifted a bit and I've gotten some interesting calls from producers I've been working with. More than one has intimated that they know that "I've not been sitting around idle these last few months." (I have a reputation for cranking out work pretty fast). I realized these guys are under the assumption that I've been working full time on their projects during the strike. Um... I got news for you kids... they're ain't no stinking pages. I owe 3 scripts to FX as part of this pilot deal -- haven't written a single word. I owe WIP this "Enter the Dragon" remake -- I wrote ten pages before the strike. I currently have ten pages written. I owe Paramount a draft of "Fix" -- nada. I owe Warner's a draft of "The Unforgettable" -- zilch. So, for the record, all those people expecting that two days after the strike settles, they're gonna get drafts... it ain't happening. Sorry. I spent this strike producing this pilot and more importantly, getting to know my one-year old daughter.

No comments: